Just De

Just De
Just De in Manhattan

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O is for Options, cause we all have them





Options, options, options.

We all have them people. And guess what? Most of us don't think that we do. I personally think if we thought about how many options we really have in life then we would be better off. For example, many of us struggle with jobs we don't like or relationships that no longer work. The reason that we run the course with those situations is because we don't realize the magnitude of our options. We feel trapped and we feel like there is no other way to be, other than that particular situation.

I am as guilty as the next person. For years I was in wrong relationships, took jobs that I didn't want and dealt with situations that really didn't work. Granted sometimes in life you have to do what you have to do. Sometimes the option that is presented to you is the best one at the time even if you don't like it. It is what it is. But I have learned, or shall I say I am learning that we all have options. It's our jobs as human beings to try and better a situation and once we do that, our options are better and plentiful. I wish I knew the secret formula of what that is. But I don't. I am still learning how to maximize my options.

Life isn't always fair, it isn't always secure and it isn't always nice. But one thing I do know is that it isn't without options. Yes, options change with circumstance, but options are always there.

That's just how I see it.

2 comments:

Danielle L Zecher said...

You're right, sometimes we just opt to put up with things we shouldn't.

I found your blog on the A to Z Challenge, it's nice to meet you.

Shay said...

We always have options, sometimes people just refuse to see them or have the guts to venture into the unknown. Good post:)