Just De

Just De
Just De in Manhattan

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

N is for Nurse Jackie


I love Nurse Jackie. It is one of my favorite Sunday night treats. If I miss it on Sunday night, I watch it over and over again on Showtime on Demand. I have even stored an app on my phone that allows me to take Nurse Jackie anywhere I go. I love the show and I think Edie Falco and the rest of the cast is brilliant.

My interest in Edie Falco started in the late 90s when she starred as Carmela Soprano in the Sopranos. I always thought she was such a powerful actress with depth. And in her latest series is no different.

Nurse Jackie is an emergency room nurse living two different lives. One the one hand she is a amazing nurse with the perfect mix of bedside manner and witt. One the other hand she is addicted to prescription drugs and cheating on her husband with a co-worker who happens to be the hospital pharmacist. The storyline is non-stop action. Add in a talent cast of Dr. Cooper, Dr. O'Hara, Nurse Zoe, and Eddie, the said pharmacist, then you have a television gold. I'm just glad I decided to give this show a chance. It's definitely worth giving up space on my DVR.

No comments: