Just De

Just De
Just De in Manhattan

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Road to Happiness is a marathon, not a sprint

Hello my wonderful readership. Sorry I've neglected my blog for so long. I have been busy trying to out run my life. In the recent months that I have last blogged, I've had my share of good times and bad. And to be quite honest, I've been a little lazy. Putting off writing, one of my most prized passions, to do other things. I've loved, lost, thought I loved again, then lost and a lot of other things in between.

A High School friend of mine recently rekindled her blog and it inspired me. I wanted to get back to writing and telling my story of life in the way that I know how. When I first ventured out to write a blog over a year ago, I was full of heartache and disappointment and hoped that this blog would serve as a blessing to others, but also to myself. Now, a year later, I still have that vision in mind. However, I have a lot more clarity and insight as to what life is all about. I haven't learned everything that God wants me to learn yet, but I am confident that He is on the way of giving me much more than I bargained for.

In the past year or so, I literally learned how to deal with my anger, forgive other people and most importantly, I learned how to forgive myself. And I also learned that life is a journey. It's not something that you can ever master, not on this Earth anyways. I hope this blog will provoke thought, challenge minds, make you laugh, cry or even scream. But most of all, I hope this blog will serve as something to let you know that in all that is going on in your life, you are not alone. We have all fallen short to His Glory, and if we are lucky, we have all been able to stand back up with His Grace and Mercy, ready to learn and explore more that He has for us.

I'm back y'all! And I hope this time around, we all learn just a little bit more, with a little laughter along the way.

Here's to anew!!!

No comments: